Below are the details of previous postgraduate and professional teaching and workshops I have provided. I am open to future invitations for guest lecturing or workshops at professional events around evidence/knowledge in practice, information literacy in the social sciences, research methods in library and information science, and social justice, ethical and professional issues in librarianship.
- Module lead: XM030 Digital Literacies, Queen Margaret University, 2020.
- Module delivery: HS1001 Finding Your Academic Voice, Queen Margaret University, 2020.
- Guest lecturer: Critical approaches to information literacy – INM301 Library and Information Science Foundation, City University, London, 21st November 2016.
- Seminar tutor: CS211 Professional Issues in Computing, Department for Computer and Information Science, The University of Strathclyde.
- Guest lecturer: Advocating for libraries – CS962 Libraries, Information and Society workshop, University of Strathclyde, 11th February 2016.
- Guest lecturer: Information literacy frames in Scottish school and public libraries, University of Strathclyde, 28th October 2015.
- Guest lecturer: Fighting for Public Libraries, Manchester Metropolitan University, 3rd December 2014.
- Guest lecturer: Public Libraries and Austerity, University of Strathclyde, 28th January 2014.
- Guest lecturer: Advocating for Libraries in an Era of Cuts, University of Strathclyde, 29th January 2013.
- Guest lecturer: Public Libraries, Social Media and News Media, University of Sheffield, 3rd May 2011.
- Guest lecturer: UK Public Libraries and Voices for the Library, Manchester Metropolitan University, 14th February 2011.
- Methodologies and approaches to searching for social services content. CILIP ARLGS Social Sciences Training Day, 13th May 2019.
- Searching for social care and services evidence for research in practice. Scottish Borders Council, 20th April 2018.
- Improving library and information services: phenomenographically! CILIP Information Literacy Group and University of Sheffield iSchool, 13th June 2015.
- Critical theory and librarianship. Bodleian Libraries Conference, Oxford, 21st July 2015.
- Working with the media to fight library cuts. Library Campaign Conference, 22nd October 2011.