Below are the details of previous postgraduate and professional teaching and workshops I have provided. I am open to future invitations for guest lecturing or workshops at professional events around evidence/knowledge in practice, information literacy in the social sciences, research methods in library and information science, and social justice, ethical and professional issues in librarianship.
- Critical approaches to information literacy – Guest Lecture for Library and Information Science Foundation (INM301) at City University, London, 21st November 2016. (Slides)
- Seminar tutor for CS211 Professional Issues in Computing, Department for Computer and Information Science, The University of Strathclyde.
- Advocating for libraries – CS962 Libraries, Information and Society workshop at the University of Strathclyde, 11th February 2016.
- Information literacy frames in Scottish school and public libraries – Lecture at The University of Strathclyde, 28th October 2015.
- Fighting for Public Libraries – Lecture at Manchester Metropolitan University, 3rd December 2014.
- Public Libraries and Austerity – Lecture at the University of Strathclyde, 28th January 2014.
- Advocating for Libraries in an Era of Cuts – Lecture at The University of Strathclyde, 29th January 2013. (Slides)
- Public Libraries, Social Media and News Media – Guest Lecture at the University of Sheffield, 3rd May 2011. (Slides)
- UK Public Libraries and Voices for the Library – Guest Lecture at Manchester Metropolitan University, 14th February 2011. (Slides)
- Methodologies and approaches to searching for social services content. CILIP ARLGS Social Sciences Training Day, 13th May 2019.
- Searching for social care and services evidence for research in practice. Scottish Borders Council, 20th April 2018.
- Improving library and information services: phenomenographically! CILIP Information Literacy Group and University of Sheffield iSchool, 13th June 2015.
- Critical theory and librarianship. Bodleian Libraries Conference, Oxford, 21st July 2015.
- Working with the media to fight library cuts. Library Campaign Conference, 22nd October 2011.