- A Critical Approach to Information Literacy – Focus Session at Umbrella 2013, 3rd July 2013.
- Towards a Model of Critical Information Literacy Instruction for the Development of Political Agency – Short paper at LILAC 2013, 25th March 2013.
- Critical Information Literacy and Political Agency – Annual Review, 5th February 2013. (Slides)
- Advocating for Libraries in an Era of Cuts – Lecture at The University of Strathclyde, 29th January 2013. (Slides)
- Panel Discussion: “The Fight for Libraries: 21st Century Advocacy, Austerity and Alliance” with David McMenemy (University of Strathclyde) and Professor Claire Squires (University of Stirling). Society for the History of Authorship, Reading and Publishing 20th Annual Conference, Dublin, 26th June 2012.
- 20/20 presentation, second annual Information Science Doctoral Colloquium (iDocQ), University of Edinburgh, 19th June 2012.
- Poster presentation, University of Strathclyde Research Day, 7th June 2012.
- iLab Presentation, Department of Computer and Information Sciences, University of Strathclyde, 26th March 2012.
- LIS DREaM Workshop, British Library, 30th January 2012. Unconference Half Hour presentation about PhD research topic.
- BOBCATSSS Conference 2012, Amsterdam, 23rd – 25th January 2012. “Making Public Information Meaningful: the role of public libraries in ensuring access to and understanding of public information in the digital age.” Read Abstract
- Golau Glau Exhibition, Test Space Leeds, 12th November 2011. Talk on library cuts and closures as part of ‘Public Interest’ art exhibition.
- Library Campaign Conference, University of London Union, 22nd October 2011. Plenary presentation about Save Doncaster Libraries campaign, workshop on media liaison.
- ‘Windows on the World – keeping them open. The Prospects for Public Service Broadcasting, Libraries and Arts’. Public event organised by the University of Leeds and Voice of the Listener & Viewer. West Yorkshire Playhouse, 16th July 2011. (Script)
- Voices for the Library stand at Hay Festival, 28th May – 5th June 2011. (My photos and Simon’s photos)
- Public Libraries, Social Media and News Media – Lecture at the University of Sheffield, 3rd May 2011 (Slides)
- Advocacy in Changing Times and the Role of New Professionals – CILIP Y&H / CDG AGM, 7th April 2011 (Slides)
- Panel member in Wellbeing Debate, Office for National Statistics and University of Leeds, 4th April 2011.
- ‘This meeting urges H.M. Government to maintain support for libraries, as an
essential local education and information resource.’ Speaker for the resolution. West Yorkshire Federation of WIs, Pudsey Civic Hall, 31st March 2011.
- UK Public Libraries and Voices for the Library – Lecture at Manchester Metropolitan University, 14th February 2011. (Slides)
- Bawtry Read-In – National Save Libraries Day, 5th February 2011.
- Doncaster Central Library Read-In, 29th January 2011.
- Voices for the Library and Save Doncaster Libraries – Lecture at the University of Sheffield, 4th October 2010 (Presentation)
- Wheatley (Doncaster) Read-In, 21st August 2010.
- Bessacarr (Doncaster) Read-In, 24th July 2010.
- Warmsworth (Doncaster) Read-In, 5th June 2010.